Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blog Bash 2011


Hey there, I'm Kerry Leise. I'm joining the link-up party at WomenLivingWell.org. I've been married for over 10 years to an amazing man named Josh. We have no bio kids, but we are in the process to become licensed foster parents for kids 12 and under. I've been involved in children's ministries for many years. Josh and I also served in Papua, Indonesia as missionaries for 5.5 years.


This is the desk where I blog. I've been blogging since 2005 but have retired my missionary blog and moved on to blogging about my passion--children. 

Thinking and hoping that we would have a dozen children, I began preparing myself to be a parent well over ten years ago. I read every book I could on the subject and gathered all kinds of advice. We wanted to home school our children so I studied various methods and prepared our curriculum, also. A few years ago I figured all of this information was now useless since God didn't bless us with children.

Our 10th Anniversary

A couple of my friends have been brave enough to ask for advice from me, but I figured most people aren't interested in advice from someone who has yet to be a parent. I'm almost there, though, so if you're interested in learning about foster care adventures or to get another perspective on parenting, stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to "meet" you. We were foster parents for eight years, fostered 17 kids and ended up adopting three of them. All the best to you on your fostering journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say you get them one of those wooden doggies on wheels, they are fun, entertaining and made of wood so they'll last the ages...but beware if thrown, they hurt :(

      *rattles off singing "how much is that doggy in the window.."*

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet you, too, Sharla! Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete