Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Foster Parenting Timeline Begins Today!


The process of getting our foster parenting license officially begins today, October 11, 2011. I am a little nervous, knowing that if for some reason this isn't God's timing or choice for our lives right now He could prevent us from getting licensed. But I need to trust Him, knowing that He knows what is best for us.

I just sent the email off to our foster care agency with 5 attached documents: our health status, marriage license, and background consent forms. I was about to scan the application when I realized I had an older version of it, so I started filling out the newer one and realized I needed some more info from Josh...who is sleeping soundly in his truck right now. It will have to wait until tomorrow! :(

Did I mention there is a lot of paperwork involved in foster parenting? Well, paperwork is nothing compared to the joy of knowing you are helping a child in need!

So, there you have it... the first post on our journey to getting licensed. If nothing else, I can keep this for my records.

No comments:

Post a Comment